Dallas Area Pitmaster
BrisketU is expanding to Dallas and we are looking for a qualified pitmaster to work as our class instructor. We are searching for a hard-working individual, who shares our values and our love of BBQ!
Do you know how to smoke brisket, like to speak to a crowd and love interacting with people?
Does spending your weekends at a craft brewery, teaching others how to select the perfect firewood, choose the right rub, trim a brisket, and slice the perfect serving sound like a great time? Then this might just be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Dallas based pitmaster will teach our Backyard Pitmaster courses on weekends in various local breweries. The candidate will work Friday evening thru Sunday most weeks. It is a fun and great paying opportunity for a flexible person, and a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor, as we continue to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for someone who has a keen eye towards detail, with an interest in defining and refining the overall BrisketU guest experience and, in particular, an obsessive passion for BBQ and live fire cooking. The Pitmaster position is responsible for the hosting and teaching the class as well as the operations of the mobile classroom (the BBQ trailer).
Our ideal person is a skilled presenter and hospitality-minded professional, first and foremost, who also happens to have (and wishes to expand their) specialized skill in BBQ. They need to be passionate about the education of others, love and study BBQ and its history, and be able to work humbly and proudly in a team environment to achieve 100% customer satisfaction every weekend. They must exude leadership and enthusiasm to complete all tasks necessary to ensure a successful class.
Work Term and Compensation:
The pitmaster job allows flexibility in scheduling and work volume. Typically, our pitmasters conduct between 20 and 55 classes annually allowing for both full-time and part-time opportunities. A typical weekend class example time is 10am-1pm for which the pitmaster would arrive at the venue at 9am for setup and depart at 1:30/1:45pm following the completion and break down of the class. Many of our pitmasters have traditional full-time jobs and teach BBQ on the weekends while others choose to work full-time for BrisketU.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to communicate effectively before groups of all sizes
- A valid Texas driver’s license and vehicle capable of pulling a BBQ trailer (Truck or SUV)
- Residency in the Dallas / Ft. Worth metro area
- Strong organizational, decision-making skills and leadership skills (the pitmaster will manage two assistants who help during the class)
- The ability to work well in high volume, fast-paced settings
- Knowledge of service and food safety standards
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds and carry up to 75 pounds. Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations. Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, ambient temperatures.
To apply email your resume to email@example.com and let us know why you would be perfect for this position.