Dallas Area Assistant Pitmaster
BrisketU is expanding to Dallas and we are looking for a qualified assistant pitmaster to help teach our class. We call the Assistant Pitmaster position at our class a Brandmaster as they serve as the friendly and welcoming face of the BrisketU brand for our students.
We are searching for a hard-working individual, who shares our values and our love of BBQ!
Do you love cooking, BBQ, and interacting with people?
Does spending your weekends at a craft brewery, teaching others how to select the perfect firewood, choose the right rub, trim a brisket, and slice the perfect serving sound like a great time? Then this might just be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Dallas based Brandmaster will help run our Backyard Pitmaster courses on weekends in various local breweries. The candidate will work a weekend shift on Saturday and/or Sunday. It is a fun and great paying opportunity for a flexible person($25-30 an hour), and a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor, as we continue to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for someone who has a keen eye towards detail, a strong work ethic, and an interest in elevating and refining the overall BrisketU guest experience.
Our ideal person is a welcoming and warm person who loves meeting new people, first and foremost, and also happens to have (and wishes to expand their) specialized skill in BBQ. They need to be passionate about the education of others, love BBQ, and be able to work humbly and proudly in a team environment to achieve 100% customer satisfaction every weekend. Brandmasters have the opportunity to work under the direction of a skilled Pitmaster and will learn to run different types of smokers and grills. Many of our Brandmasters develop the experience and skills to eventually become Pitmasters and instruct the class.
Typical Brandmaster duties during a class include:
- Welcome and check in students as they arrive to the class
- Assists in the setup and teardown of the class and equipment
- Cook during the class and maintain the fire as needed
- Slice and serve food including brisket, ribs, sausage, and vegtables
- Preform various demonstrations (Building a fire, demonstrating smoke profiles, etc)
- Support and assist the pitmaster (like a sous chef) throughout the class
Work Term and Compensation:
Typically, our brandmasters conduct between 20 and 55 classes annually. A typical weekend class example time is 10am-1pm for which the brandmaster would arrive at the venue at 9am for setup and depart at 1:30/1:45pm following the completion and break down of the class. Most of our brandmasters have traditional full-time jobs and help teach BBQ on the weekends. If you love BBQ and craft beer, you would be hard pressed to find a more enjoyable way of “working” for 4-5 hours on a weekend.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- The ability to communicate effectively before groups of all size
- Residency in the Dallas / Ft. Worth metro area
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- The ability to work well in high volume, fast-paced settings
- Knowledge of service and food safety standards
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds and carry up to 75 pounds. Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working. Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, ambient temperatures.
To apply email your resume or send us a note to email@example.com and let us know why you would be perfect for this position.