Frequently Asked Questions
The path to great BBQ often begins with a question. Find answers to the questions posed below in our Frequently Asked Questions section. Still can’t find your answer? Get in touch and perhaps we can add your question to our list.
Cancellations by BrisketU, get your money back 100%. It rarely happens, and we always offer to slide you up to a future date of your convenience.
In our classes, you will get to sample the end product. If you think you’ll get hungry soaking in all that smoky goodness during the class, relax. We typically serve up some juicy snacks like beef/pork coarse ground sausage.
We have everything you need, including a Pit-Side Pocket Guide and pencils.
We are a small group of smokers (the pit kind), ranchers, chefs, ad guys, certified BBQ judges, and pit gurus that decided there was nowhere to simply learn the best way to smoke a brisket. So we created a place for folks to gather and learn in a fun and intimidation-free environment. We have years of experience and want to share it. We hope to see you and count you among our pitmaster friends.
Sure. Happy to do that for corporate entertainment, company outings, bachelor(ette) parties, birthdays, you name it. Call our main line or email email@example.com. We’ve done dozens and dozens of great private events.
We hold special pitmaster classes for ribs (RibsU), turkey (TurkeyU), chicken (ChickensU) and (WildGameU). SeafoodU is currently in development. Watch for those special courses on this registration page.
All of our classes held at a host brewery include your first beer on us (Over 21 – Valid ID required). You do not have to be of drinking age to attend. Most breweries also have soda or water available.
Nothing to worry about. We teach how to smoke the perfect meats on every type of smoker. The key areas we cover are temperature control, smoke profiles, meat trimming and prep, rub mixes, slicing and so much more that the information you learn is great regardless of the cooking chamber. We all own and know how to cook on ceramic, offset, vertical and pellet-fed smokers.
Yes, but we have a minimum age of 12, and each person who attends must have registered and paid for the class.
We take the safety of our guests seriously, and while we can’t guarantee total protection, we will commit to doing all we can. We have placed the following guidelines and precautions in each class for your comfort and protection:
- We require masks to be worn by all of our staff, other than our pitmaster instructor while he is speaking.
- Class capacity has been cut down to allow social distancing. Most venues are now operating with only a 15-18 person class size to allow for social distancing.
- Some class times have been adjusted to operate before the brewery opens to the public for enhanced safety and social distancing.
- We will do all we can to socially distance seating, although small groups that arrive together and want to sit together will be allowed to do so.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available.
- We sanitize all surfaces we utilize as a matter of course.
- The class will be utilizing as much time outside as possible and attendees will be asked to stay properly distanced from each other.
- We will not be able to accept cash for any purchases, but will only accept credit card transactions for merchandise.
- Our tables and equipment will be sanitized and disinfected between groups.
- We have changed food sampling protocols to allow for social distancing
We will do all we can to socially distance seating (class size is currently 50%), although small groups that arrive together and wish to sit/stand together will be allowed to do so.
Our classes are held in private venues like breweries and distilleries, and as such, we honor their rules on Covid precautions. Almost all breweries are requiring masks to be worn when not actively eating or drinking. Most venues we work with require patrons to wear a mask before being seated, if they’re up and walking around in the brewery, ordering a beer at the bar, or using the restroom. In order to comply with the brewery rules (and local county and state orders where applicable), we are asking that masks be worn by all class attendees except while actively consuming food or beverage. We require masks to be worn by all of our staff, other than our pitmaster instructor while he is speaking.
During COVID-19 BrisketU will not be able to accept cash for any purchases, but will only accept credit card transactions for merchandise. Cash policies for beer purchases vary by the brewery. Many are currently cashless also.