Class Description and Current Schedule
Each class has been expertly developed to take place for three hours on either Saturday or Sunday, both indoors in the classroom and outdoors around the BBQ Pit. Select the convenient date and time for you below and follow the prompts. We look forward to meeting you and sharing the joys of creating your own pure Texas BBQ.
Select your city from the list below.
Class Description: Backyard Pitmaster
BrisketU’s Backyard Pitmaster class is the original introductory class designed and formulated to teach the average BBQ lover how to work a pit and create the quintessential smoked brisket, the toughest piece of beef to master. In this class for greenhorns and experienced grillers alike, you will learn from accomplished pitmasters the art of smoking brisket from start to finish. Learn up-close about Texas pits, choosing the right brisket, trimming techniques, rubs and prep, wood selection and smoke profiles, starting and managing a firebox, timing the cook, and slicing the end product. In three short hours, you will be a BrisketU Certified Pitmaster.
Things you need to know about the class:
- Enjoy the classes starting at $119.
- We have everything you need, including notepaper and pencils
- In most cases, you will have the option to sample the end product(s), but not take it home.
- All ticket sales are final and are valid for the specified time and date only.
- Your ticket cannot be refunded or exchanged for future class dates
- In the rare event of a cancellation by Backyard Pitmasters, get your money back 100%
- We reserve the right to make any changes to class dates, times, or locations due to uncontrollable circumstances
- Your presence at a class constitutes your consent to be photographed or videotaped for the promotional use of Backyard Pitmasters.
- For answers to more common questions visit the FAQ page.